Saturday, May 9, 2009

Remembering a Happy Time


All-- Dad's condition is pretty much the same now as it was yesterday evening. The only difference is that the medical team has put an oxygen mask on him to assist him with pain-free breathing. I will keep you updated if anything changes.

I do appreciate those of you that we've heard from regarding your "Norm Story." Since I posted that item yesterday, I've thought a little more about it and I'd like to ask you to send me your "Norm Story" via e-mail. I'm not exactly sure what I'll do with them right now, but I'd love to have them if possible. You can send them to jondparks@gmail.com. I greatly appreciate your willingness to share your stories about dad.

And speaking of sharing, I have a couple of photos to share with each of you (side & below). Last Saturday was my daughter's 4th birthday. She was very excited about her birthday because it would be at Rolesville Park and would involve birthday cake! But we were excited, too, because we knew that mom and dad would be able to come over that morning to watch Anna run around and play with all of her friends and they'd get to see Ryan working on taking steps as he gets closer to walking on his own.

Well, we had a great time. Dad was doing quite well and enjoyed every minute of it. Mom got to hold Ryan's hands and walk around under the picnic shelter. And towards the end, we took two photos that I'll always treasure. One is of Dad and Ryan with Dad looking down on him and the other is of Mom, Dad, Melinda, Anna and Ryan. In retrospect, it seems as though one of the things that dad was holding on so he could be included in was Anna's birthday. That was special and I'm glad that it worked out that he and mom were able to attend.

1 comment:

  1. We are praying for you and thinking of you guys at this difficult time.

    Blessings, Clevengers

    ReplyDelete